FORTUNE to Hold First Ever Global Sustainability Forum in Yunnan Province, China, Sept. 4-6, 2019
YUXI, China, Sept. 2, 2019 /PRNewswire/ — FORTUNE will hold the first-ever FORTUNE Global Sustainability Forum on September 4-6 in Yunnan Province, China, on the shores of Fuxian Lake. The three-day live event will focus on the convergence of energy, technology, and sustainability and will debut in Fall 2019. The FORTUNE Global Sustainability Forum is supported by Yunnan Provincial Government, the host sponsor; Herman Miller; Hilton; McKinsey & Company, the knowledge partner; and Refinitiv, the data and insights partner.
The FORTUNE Global Sustainability Forum co-chairs are FORTUNE Executive Editor, Asia, Clay Chandler, FORTUNE Senior Writer Beth Kowitt, and Stanford University Scholar-in-Residence Jeffrey Ball.
The FORTUNE Global Sustainability Forum will convene leaders in business, government, NGOs, and other experts from China and around the world, who will explore key trends that fall under this year's theme Green Grows Up: Forging A New Environmental Consensus. Topics include environmental protection, energy innovation, and other subjects, with a special emphasis on China and its interactions with the rest of the world.
The FORTUNE Global Sustainability Forum co-chairs are FORTUNE Executive Director and Asia Editor Clay Chandler, FORTUNE Senior Writer Beth Kowitt, and Stanford University Scholar-in-Residence Jeffrey Ball.
Confirmed participants and speakers include:
- Mr. Huang Runqiu, Vice Minister of Biology and Environment, The People's Republic of China
- Mr. Zhuang Shaoqin, Chief Planner, Ministry of Natural Resources, The People's Republic of China
- Mr. Pat Brown, Founder and CEO, Impossible Foods Inc.
- Mr. Cai Jin-Yong, Partner, Global Infrastructure Partners; Former CEO, International Finance Corporation
- Mr. Jim Fitterling, Chief Executive Officer, Dow Chemical Company
Mr. Fu Chengyu, Former Chairman, CNOOC and Sinopec
- Mr. Tony Fadell, Principal, Future Shape
- Mr. Noel Kinder, Chief Sustainability Officer, Nike, Inc.
- Mr. Craig Leeson, Director and Screenplay, A Plastic Ocean
- Mr. Ma Jun, Founder and Director, Institute of Public and Environmental Affairs (IPE)
- Mr. Christian Rynning-Tonnesen, President and CEO, Statkraft
- Mr. Nobuo Tanaka, President, Sasakawa Peace Foundation; Fmr. Exec. Director, International Energy Agency
- Mr. Ronnie Tham, Director, Global Sourcing, Walmart Inc.
- Ms. Marjorie Yang, Chairman, Esquel Group
- Dr Klaus Kunz, Head of Sustainability and Business Stewardship – Crop Science, Bayer AG
- Dr. Cristiana Pasca Palmer, Executive Secretary, Convention on Biological Diversity and U.N. Assistant Secretary General
FORTUNE drives the conversation about business. With a global perspective, the guiding wisdom of history, and an unflinching eye to the future, we report and reveal the stories that matter today-and that will matter even more tomorrow. With the trusted power to convene and challenge those who are shaping industry, commerce and society around the world, FORTUNE lights the path for global leaders-and gives them the tools to make business better. www.fortune.com
For more information, visit https://fortuneconferences.com/global-sustainability-forum-2019/